Often referred to as ‘the forgotten nutrient’, silicon plays a vital role in plant strength and health. HortiSil provides a fast and efficient way to the deliver the ideal quantity of silicon, together with potassium, to growing plants of all kinds.
Found naturally in the earth as silicon dioxide and various silicates, silicon enters the plant and accumulates around the epidermis of roots and shoots where it forms a silica gel that, in combination with calcium and pectins, helps to strengthen and stabilise cells walls. It also helps improve the utilisation of other nutrients in the plant.
Where silicon is not available naturally, HortiSil is the ideal replacement. Its application provides a host of benefits:
- Increased mechanical strength
- Enhanced plant growth
- Increased resistance to attack by fungi and insects
- Decreased effects from powdery mildew
- Improved ability to withstand water and temperature stress
- Increased yield
- Improved storage life for fruit and vegetables
To view further technical information please click on the image below